-
February 9th, 2007, 01:41 PM
#1
Inactive Member
So every few months someone starts a topic about movies or tv shows (or anything else) that a Social D song or t-shirt appears in...so anyways, I was watching this movie called "Down to the Bone" about this mom trying to kick her coke and heroin habits, and her sponsor-turned-boyfriend/pusher has the SD skelli tat on his arm. The only problem is that it is backwards. Does anyone know if SD gets paid when their logo appears? Was this a crafty way of getting around paying them? Just wondering...
-
February 9th, 2007, 09:03 PM
#2
Inactive Member
I don't about the royalties gimmic... but this is a good topic.
When I was watching Girls Just Wanna Have Fun a while back I noticed in the scene where they are passing out flyers to a party they hand some to a group of punks and one of them was wearing a Social D shirt or jacket... [img]cool.gif[/img]
The last two times I have been in 24 Hour Fitness I heard Story of My Life playing... [img]eek.gif[/img]
-
February 10th, 2007, 12:53 AM
#3
Inactive Member
Shirts etc are not usually anything that a band would get royalties for. In fact when you see product placements in a movie, the products manufacturer pays to have the item in the shot.
As for Music, they get royalties if its in a flick. For songs played in public place (24 Hours fitness, bars etc) they are also due money. Many of these bigger organizations and bars buy a yearly membership in ASCAP which covers the songs played on their premises. Not sure how this money filters back to the bands though
-
February 10th, 2007, 01:51 AM
#4
Inactive Member
on girls just wanna have fun, i did see that years ago, shit i forgot about that...i think its acually the brent and dennis ...i have to see it again.
-
February 10th, 2007, 05:16 AM
#5
Inactive Member
A week or so ago I was flipping through the channels and came across some piece of crap VH1 show about God-knows-what; anyway, they were doing a blurb on a bull testicle eating contest and played (what else) Ball and Chain.
-
February 10th, 2007, 05:24 PM
#6
Inactive Member
This isn't pic isn't mine, it's from someone's flickr page, still a great find.
-
February 10th, 2007, 10:08 PM
#7
Inactive Member
-
February 11th, 2007, 01:31 AM
#8
Inactive Member
In Terminator 2 the DVD extended version;
When the cop is scanning John Conner's bedroom there is a long shot of skelli on the wall or maybe it's a mobile if I remember correctly.
Cool pic jen....looks like Billy Gibbons in a couple more years if he loses any more weight.
-
February 11th, 2007, 05:55 AM
#9
Inactive Member
In the Smashing Pumpkins 1979 video a kid at the party has a skelli shirt.
-
February 12th, 2007, 01:44 AM
#10
Inactive Member
A golf infomercial was on today and I was too lazy to change the channel. They played Reach for the Sky during a segment.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks